GREAT SCOTT!

Hi, I am Kaitlyn Carpio, student here at Dominican College. This is my senior year. (Woohoo!)

I am an English major, and yes, I live up to the stereotype and thoroughly enjoy both reading and writing. However, beyond that, my interests include movies, (hence, the Back To The Future reference) music, (both listening to it, and playing it) and premier league soccer (Go Liverpool!).

I was born and raised in Haverstraw, New York, but I currently live in New Jersey. Currently, I am not working (unless you count my weekly, unpaid music lessons to 2 kids I know to be a job). My birthday is October 2 (yes, libra in the house). Also, I have a fluffy dog named Toby. This is him:

Honestly, he’s always grumpy and I don’t know why.

Why Am I an English Major?

A giant chunk of my life has revolved around wanting to help people. I used to be a nursing major, until I realized that I wanted to help people in a different way. So, I chose English, hoping that maybe in the future, I’d be able to not only interpret the texts I love to read, but also encourage and inspire kids to be open-minded, passionate people who want to learn more. #Knowledgeispower.

At least, I’m a firm believer of it.