Giants Early Free Agency Projections

Nov 3, 2013; Arlington, TX, USA; Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (28) runs with ball against the Dallas Cowboys in the first quarter at AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports ORG XMIT: USATSI-132800 ORIG FILE ID: 20131021_mje_se2_1071.jpgUSATSI_8290949_168380823_lowres-e1430796573549-810x549

Football was always my favorite sport growing up as a kid, playing football made me love it even more. As I grew older my love for the sport grew even more. Now I am one of the biggest football/Giants fan there is. The Giants season has come to an end and they are already thinking about what moves should be made in the off season. Not every player who was on the team last season will be on the team this season so it might be time to say goodbye to your favorite players. The Giants have the option to release players such as Victor Cruz, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, and Larry Donnell. Releasing these players allows The Giants to save a great amount of money, which will allow the team to sign other younger and more promising players. One move that The Giants could make, that would help them out greatly because their run game is one of the worst in the leagues, would be to acquire running back Adrian Peterson. Adrian Peterson gives The Giants an automatic presence that can give the team a spark and help increase the production of the run game. In order to run the ball the offensive line needs to be able to establish blocks and help open holes for the running back. The Giants offensive line has struggled the past few years which one reason why the run game is so bad. With that being said The Giants have the ability to sign Offensive Tackle, Andrew Whitworth, from The Cincinnati Bengals. Whitworth is ranked as the second best player in his position only behind Washington Redskins OT Trent Williams. Whitworth had a pass blocking rate of nearly 93 percent. Whitworth is a clear strength on the offensive line, he will help establish a run game and give Eli Manning enough time to get rid of the ball and make plays. Whitworth allowed only 15 pressures in over 600 pass blocking snaps which is much better than Erick flowers who allowed 59 total pressures in over 700 pass blocking snaps.

636179285752205825-bengals.jets18