10.19 Facebook Q&A

Health and fitness is a difficult path to navigate, especially if you are a beginner. There are a bunch of questions that someone might need answers to in order to go on with their fitness goals.

Here are some common fitness and gym related questions that I’ll like to answer:

1. How often should you train?

This question depends on the person and how much time they have to spend at the gym. Ideally, you would like to be in the gym for AT LEAST 3 days in order to workout the different body parts. Depending on how much time a person has, that number can increase from 3 day to 5 or 6 days.

2. How long should I stretch before working out?

Before working out, it is important to stretch the muscles you plan on working out. You should look to stretch for 5-10 minutes before your workouts.

3. What is the best gym for me?

This question also depends on how much time you have to spend on the gym. A great beginner gym to workout in is Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness offers 24 hour service 5 days a week. This is perfect for anyone who works full-time but would still like to workout. Not only is the gym 24 hours, it is also one of the cheapest gyms at a starting rate of $10.

4. How do I get abs?

Unfortunately, you are not able to get abs just by doing sit-ups. That is a common misconception. The main thing you want to focus on while training abs is to lose belly fat. Once you are able to lose enough belly fat, then you are able to work out your abs and see that 6-pack you always dreamed of.

5. How do I lose belly fat?

Since we are on the topic, losing belly fat is not as difficult as most people think. Majority of the fat you lose is in the kitchen, not the gym. A proper diet and eating the right foods would go a long way in your fat loss journey. Every body is different so find out which diet works for you and your body. Once you find that diet, you stick with it, and in no time, the fat will shed.

There are many more questions that people may have, but here are just some of the few most common ones. Hopefully with this information, it is able to clear up some confusion about the gym.