Ryan Interview

Jadin: “What attracted you to come play Basketball here at Dominican?”

Ryan: “Well, I was playing the sport since high school back in Staten Island and Dominican was looking forward to having me on the team to help them win the conference championships. I’m determined to play and I feel like my mindset is to be locked in and to improve where I’m the weakest at.

Jadin: “So let’s expand on that, can you remember when you first picked up a basketball and found your love for the sport?”

Ryan: “It’s honestly hard to remember when I first picked up a basketball, but I always had love for the sport as a kid. I still love watching it on TV and going to some of the games at Madison Square Garden or the Barclays arena.

Jadin: “So, can you tell me who are your biggest influences in life?”

Ryan: “My parents definitely. My mom and dad influence me to go out and be the best that I can and to work hard just as everyone else. Even my siblings are influential because they give me hope and know that I have this chance to do something big and work hard as ever. Basically, all of my family knows that they got my back and support me 100% on any choices that can benefit me and make me better as a individual.

Jadin: “Okay, well where would you attend school if you were not here at Dominican or what other schools did you have in mind of attending?”

Ryan: “I had a couple other schools in mind, but I can’t think of them off the top of my head. I think one of them was CSI (College of Staten Island) which meant I would’ve been closer to home and such, but I wanted to get out and explore schools away from home. I might’ve been looking at some schools in the upstate area or maybe out of state, but I felt that Dominican was a good fit for me to enjoy campus life, make friends, play ball, and just be myself.

Jadin: “Hmm, okay well can you tell me why you chose basketball instead of any other sport that’s out here?”

Ryan: “Basketball is a really fun sport that I enjoy and I don’t really know why I chose to pursue this sport over any other. If anything, in other sports you would have the same things that you would have in basketball. It doesn’t matter about the injuries, competition, losses, wins, anything. It really was just in my interests to be honest.

Jadin: “Okay final question, the basketball season will be coming up very soon. How are you prepared mentally and physically for any competing teams willing to go against our team?”

Ryan: “I’m prepared mentally by keeping my head in the game and focusing on where as a team we have our strengths and our weaknesses. I’m practicing like crazy by running full court games, heading off to the weight room to lift, and eating right in my diet to be prepared. I wanna be ready for the upcoming season ahead because I know it’s not gonna be easy, but at least I know what I’m up against.”