Retirement of a Legend

LeSean McCoy is retiring after 12 NFL great seasons. If you grew up watching him run, you were amazed.

McCoy finished his career with 11,102 rushing yards and 73 TDs. Along with that, he had 3,898 receiving yards with 16 TDs.

These stats led him to 6 Pro Bowls and 2 All-Pros. This resume is a first ballot Hall of Famer in my book.

Lesean started his career in Philadelphia where he did most of his dirty work. Then after 6 seasons, they traded him to Buffalo and he kept going where he left off.

Later in his career he was traded to the Chiefs and Buccaneers. These teams were nothing to him compared to Philly and Buffalo.

With that being said, today on September 30, 2021, McCoy signed a 1 day contract with the team that took a chance on him, the Eagles.

This shows the real man Lesean Mccoy is. Although the Eagles traded him, he showed forgiveness and remembered that they took a chance on him when nobody else did. He is forever grateful for that

McCoy is one of the greats and there is no taking that away from him. I hope he has a great retired life, sharing it with his family. Congrats!

3 comments

1. Well written article!! I think it was so wholesome that he signed a one day deal just to retire and eagle which is the team that took a chance on him.

2. Great article! I loved watching shady McCoy play for the Eagles and even for the Bills. He was an electric player who always seem to make a big play. I was happy to see him get a ring. Do you think he makes the Hall of Fame?

1. Yes, I believe Shady is a first ballot Hall of Famer. He dominated the league for too long not to be one.