Take That Passion and Run Far

In this week 2 assignment, I have chosen to interview Isaac Carpio, my 17-year-old brother. The interview centers around baseball, but is specifically focused on what he wants to achieve out of playing the game.

This is the interview:

Question #1: When did you first start playing baseball, and when did you realize it was a passion?

Isaac: Uhm, when I was like 4. I’ve always played, but for a while I hated it because it was something everyone wanted me to do. Then I started loving it again when I was about 15. That’s when I started truly loving it, and found that passion again.

Question #2: As someone who’s been to your games, I’ve seen your times of frustration. What are some things that frustrate, or discourage you about the game?

Isaac: Honestly, losing. If our team is getting beat up, I get discouraged, even if I don’t want to be. If I’m pitching and trying my hardest, and I still don’t do as good as I want, I get frustrated.

Question #3: What are the things that inspire you to play?

Isaac: Watching games or old highlights of different pitchers just dominating the game. It makes me want to do what they do. When my teammates are pumped, or also hyped-up, it encourages me. Also, just watching DJ Lemahieu.”

Question #4: 5 Years from now, do you see yourself playing baseball?

Isaac: Honestly, yeah. I hope to get drafted by the Yankees. I really hope to not stop playing just because this sport has become a real passion and I hope to take that passion and run far with it.

Question #5: Final question, who are your influences?

Isaac: Mariano Rivera, Gerrit Cole, Jacob deGrom, and Nasty Nestor (Nestor Cortez).

^”Nasty Nestor” (nasty nestor yankees – Bing images)