We all know that procrastination is the pitfall of almost everyone. If we (or I) just did work when it was assigned, then most of us wouldn’t be here. Sometimes it’s incredibly difficult to figure out what you need to do first once you get to this point.
I am so beyond guilty of stressing and crying to the point of sickness and not getting anything productive done. Productive in itself, I know.
I’ve not-so-quickly realized that I need to start prioritizing what I need to do. Don’t get me wrong, we all know I love to list and make lists of what to do, but it doesn’t get the job done like prioritizing does. Like right now. Y’all are going to be part of my process of prioritizing what I need to do today.
Autumn’s To Do List
- 2 posts from last week (oops)
- 2 posts from this week
- App presentation (Tues March 29)
- Police paper (Tues March 29)
- Courts paper (Wed March 30)
- Create & ship Planner 1 (by April 3)
- Create & ship Planner 2 (by April 3)
- Planner for Dad (whenever)
- GET: jumbo paper clips, jumbo hanging calendar (ASAP), bags for bows, basket & contents (by Sun April 3)
- Create basket for Teaneck PBA event (Sun April 3)
- Get the fire department to agree to have an open house with the ambulance corps (a very difficult task…these men can’t run anything (sorry, Dad!))——then plan it!!!! (Sat April 9)
I’m really messing myself up because I need to do a lot in a little bit of time. I should have spent my Easter Break a little more productively. Oops again :/
What you (and I) need to do now is to determine what is most important.
I’m going to say that it’s a tie between everything due tomorrow, so posts, presentation, and a paper. If it makes you feel better, do a little bit of each, a little bit at a time. That’s what I’ll do. A little bit of a post, a little bit of a presentation, an then a little bit of a paper.
A great idea is to do what you want to do most first. Do you have more inspiration and creativity for an upcoming project? Do that first! Your passion and interest in it will make it more enjoyable and you’ll probably have a better outcome if you write down all your ideas once they come into your brain. Don’t stress too much. I always tell myself that it’ll always get done…eventually.
Good luck prioritizing! Don’t stress! Happy planning!